Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Kemmler & Co.

Follow up on my project "Blanchitude"

I picked the VC book on my shelve and I tried to recreate Kemmler as per the illustration. And the result is that:



So far it is a duet but I am planning on expending the idea to the Carstein lineage and ... what... who the said the recent sequel of Krell which is just awesome!

I realize now that final touch I have done on Melkhior do not stand out on the picture (push the red shades with purple and a bit more gore). 



Here some other angle for Kemmler. Essentially the approach is the same: inks and very diluted paint on light color drybrushed model. there is a bit more variation in Kemmler and I think it is a pity. Despites the illustration I shall have kept a narrower palette. I really wanted to introduce greenish and black shades; but it is a fail. That being said teh model overall come nice so all in all I am happy.
I know it keeps me away from my TK, but that so refreshing!







Little close on the base, I wanted something simple that recall teh simple tones and is fairly simple. Well I am not sure I can go any simpler since I just literally painted the GW base. How I am kidding! I am lazy like, end of the story!





 I would really like to hear some suggestion and advice what to do next and how to tie them all up. Display board? how said build a VC army? I am tempted.... but I cant see an efficient way to run that over an entire army....

Cheers






2 comments:

  1. A display board would be cool, but I think a small VC army would be totally doable. If nothing else, paint up a small Storm of Magic pact army.
    Either way, keep it up! I am a huge fan of this gritty style and you are doing an excellent job with it. Heinrich looks downright sinister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice idea for the pact... that open up possibility for a terror gheist...

    ReplyDelete